Services

Redevelopment

What We Do . . .

We like to think of this as recycling commercial properties!   We’ve redeveloped almost 1 million SF of retail space throughout the Southeast increasing values up to 600%.   Our redevelopment / recycling services range from refreshing and updating the property to full scale re-redevelopment and re-tenanting.   The results help bring business increase value.   A well done commercial redevelopment project can not only revive the asset but can also help stimulate new business growth for the entire community.  Redevelopment revitalization is contagious and creates momentum in surrounding property to also help improve values.

Here are some of our redevelopment projects . . .

Crestview Shopping Center 1966
Crestview Shopping Center 1966
Heritage Place 1996
Heritage Place 1996

Heritage Place

Prattville, AL

This property originally built in 1962 was one of the first shopping centers in Prattville.  We originally redeveloped the property in 1988 and ultimately increased the value over 300%.  This was a great learning experience and fueled our appetite for redevelopment.


Walmart (Russellville, AL) 2005
Walmart (Russellville, AL) 2005
Russellville Marketplace 2010
Russellville Marketplace 2010

Russellville Marketplace

Russellville, AL

Russellville Marketplace is a former Walmart.  As Walmart elected to expand elsewhere in many markets, we look for opportunities to back fill the boxes.  Peebles (now Goody’s), Hibbett, and Burke’s came on board in 2007.  Burke’s expanded and Dollar Tree joined in 2010.



Roebuck Plaza Shopping Center 1957

Roebuck Marketplace 1995

Roebuck Marketplace

Birmingham, AL

The original shopping center opened in 1957. It was developed by the National Plazas Company of New York at a cost of $2.5 million. The grand opening ceremony was presided over by Mayor Jimmy Morgan with music from the Woodlawn High School marching band conducted by Gerald Smith. It opened with 21 tenants and parking spaces for 1,200 cars. Pizitz Roebuck Plaza and a Liberty Super Market opened adjacent to the center in 1960, along with a second phase of construction to accommodate seven more retail tenants, including S. S. Kresge. The property was renovated in 1995 as the “Roebuck Marketplace”. Winn Dixie, Goody’s, Shoe Carnival, Fashion Bug, and Harco Drugs were among the new retailers brought in to revive and bring business life the community.