Services

Redevelopment

What We Do . . .

We like to think of redevelopment as recycling commercial properties!   We’ve redeveloped almost 1 million SF of retail space throughout the Southeast and increased values up to 600 percent.   Our redevelopment services range from refreshing and updating the property to full-scale redevelopment and re-tenanting.  The results help bring greater value to businesses.  A well done commercial redevelopment project can not only revive the asset, but can also help stimulate new business growth for the entire community.  Redevelopment revitalization is contagious and creates momentum in surrounding properties to also help improve their values.

Here are some of our redevelopment projects . . .

Crestview Shopping Center 1966
Crestview Shopping Center 1966
Heritage Place 1996
Heritage Place 1996

Heritage Place

Prattville, AL

Crestview Shopping Center, originally built in 1962, was one of the first shopping centers in Prattville.  We originally redeveloped the property in 1988 and ultimately increased the value over 300 percent.  Our redevelopment, which included renaming the property Heritage Place, was a great learning experience and fueled our appetite for redevelopment.


Walmart (Russellville, AL) 2005
Walmart (Russellville, AL) 2005
Russellville Marketplace 2010
Russellville Marketplace 2010

Russellville Marketplace

Russellville, AL

Russellville Marketplace was originally a Walmart.  As Walmart elected to expand to other markets and close this location, we looked for an opportunity to fill the space back up. We renamed the site Russellville Market and got Peebles (now Goody’s), Hibbett, and Burke’s to come on board in 2007.  Then in 2010, Burke’s expanded and Dollar Tree joined the site as well.



Roebuck Plaza Shopping Center 1957

Roebuck Marketplace 2018

Roebuck Marketplace

Birmingham, AL

The original Roebuck Plaza Shopping Center opened in 1957. It was developed by the National Plazas Company of New York at a cost of $2.5 million. The grand opening ceremony was presided over by Mayor Jimmy Morgan with music from the Woodlawn High School marching band conducted by Gerald Smith. It opened with 21 tenants and parking spaces for 1,200 cars. Pizitz Roebuck Plaza and a Liberty Super Market opened adjacent to the center in 1960, along with a second phase of construction to accommodate seven more retail tenants, including S. S. Kresge. Real Estate Southeast renovated the property in 1995 and rebranded it “Roebuck Marketplace.” Winn Dixie, Goody’s, Shoe Carnival, Fashion Bug, and Harco Drugs were among the new retailers brought in to revive the center and bring business life the community.